Monday, November 25, 2019

CTFDN Evil Idol 2019 Entry is LIVE!

My entry for this year's Evil Idol 2019 is LIVE and voting only lasts until this Friday, 11/29!  I'm loving the comments and feedback I've gotten on the YouTube video so far, and I want to go as far as I can in this competition, so here's hoping I crest that 1000 like hurdle and get in to round two.  Check out my contestant page for this and any future entries if I get to move forward!




I haven't done a ton of narration before, but honestly this was tons of fun and I love storytelling.  Being able to spin a yarn for people and bring them into a world of spooks and goblins, leading them into a dark forest and then disappearing, is some of the most fun I've had in years.  It's very similar to running a D&D game only on a much larger scale.  I love it.

In other news, after the completion of my character demo last month I have been turning my attention toward being ready to produce an eventual commercial demo to go along with it.  At least for the moment, in this industry you need a professional demo for each sub genre of voiceover, tailored to the businesses and directors who you want hiring you.  My character demo is great, but it isn't going to work too well for getting a car commercial.  So I've been going back to school with my coach, Leslie, over at Inside Voice here in Portland.  Leslie is a great teacher, supportive but no bullshit, and really knows her stuff.

As the holidays move forward, I'm determined to stay active.  So check out my Twitter @StroudKyle for day to day updates and general shenanigans.  Recent changes in my survival job schedule have thrown a few wrenches into everything, but I'm not going to let little problems like "getting a new job because your old one is closing and laying everyone off" ruin the rest of my life.  Survival jobs are numerous and temporary.  Voiceover is eternal. :D

Stay tuned for news about Evil Idol Round Two!

No comments:

Post a Comment