Friday, October 4, 2019

Hello, Evil Idol 2019 and Talktober 2019!

Okay, so uh...wow.  I have been surprisingly busy.  I'm starting to get the idea that this is the new normal for me and instead of waiting for a chance to come up for air I should just plan to bring a SCUBA tank.  Scheduling and planning my time, especially with my ADD, is crucial for me or else everything falls apart and uh...explodes.

Real quick, here's a summary of what I've been up to before we get into some major
 updates.

AUDITIONS: They continue.
CLASSES: I had my ADR class with Tony Oliver and Bang Zoom!  We worked with actual, professional material and I have never felt more confident in my dubbing ability.  It was an absolutely amazing class and I learned a ton.
NEW DEMO: In progress. Voice actors and producers are incredibly busy and it is a bit of chore to schedule out the time needed for recording.  I hope to have the live direction with my director done by the end of the month.
RELEASES: The monster voices I did for The Protectors game mod for Warlords Battlecry 3 are now available, and I'm recording even more!  The episode of the Exoplanetary podcast I co-starred in should be out very soon as well!  Also, Existential Chris, where I play Grandpa Joe, is reaching its season finale!
(Art by Thunderb0lt)

Now, what I really want to mention is that I have been accepted into round one of the Evil Idol 2019 horror narration competition!  If you've come here from Chilling Tales for Dark Nights, the official contestants page, or links from YouTube, welcome to my little slice of the internet.  I've submitted my entry, but since only one contestant is going to be featured per day you won't get to hear my story until November 22nd!  Closer to that date I will remind everyone about it, and encourage you to vote for me if you liked it.  Audience opinion is super important and I appreciate everyone who stops by to read this.

Next, I'm also participating in the daily Talktober 2019 challenge this month!  I've already posted the first four days on my YouTube channel and Twitter.  I hope you enjoy it, especially as we get closer and closer to 31 unique character voices!  I'll most likely keep posting them in batches of four or five as I go.

Finally, I just wanted to touch on something else I'm really excited about -- I'm dipping my toes into the wonderful world of making audiodramas!  I've completed a draft script for a short, five to ten minute "episode" that I'm going to produce with some collaborating voice actors I know from Discord and/or Twitter.  I don't want to go into too much detail yet, but it's going to be real metal.  Just wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment