Monday, July 1, 2019

July Update!



So, I'm going to have a busy July!  This Saturday I'm going to be recording for a sci-fi podcast based here in Portland called Exoplanetary.  It's an opportunity that I'm learning to very much appreciate because I won't be doing the recording in my home booth by myself.  We'll have at least half of the cast there to record our parts together in a group instead of sending in everything separately and having the sound engineer and/or director put everything together.  This way I get to play off my partner in the scene and the director will be able to give us live, in person direction.  Very fun, very rewarding whenever I get a chance to record like this.


Nextly, I've been cast in a webtoon dub called Purple Hyacinth , giving me a chance to contribute to something alongside a bunch of VA's on Twitter that I've really wanted to collaborate with.  I'll be playing the part of a kind of mad bomber character and I am absolutely thrilled that I get a chance to do another voice that's...how shall we say..."high strung"?  My guy is front and center in Episode 0 so I'll post about it again once everything's finished.  Should be soon! 


I'm looking forward to some more anime fandubbing as well, one because it's great fun especially with "Abridged" dubs, and two because it gives me more much needed ADR practice.  You don't realize just how much extra work it's going to be matching your words to the lip flaps of already animated characters until you actually go to do it.  It's a skill that takes a lot of time and learning to do fast and easily, and if I'm going to keep the option open of marketing myself to places like Funimation in the future I'll need to practice practice practice!  The Bang Zoom! class in voice acting for animation I'll be taking at the end of next month should also help round out the basics for me.

But it's not all booth time, as at the end of July I'll be heading to sunny Miami with fifteen books and lots of sunscreen for a sort of family reunion my parents have been planning all year.  My brother is a photographer and he's already offered to help me out with some headshots that aren't taken with a cell phone with an Instagram filter.  But outside of that I'll be enjoying some much needed time off with the family.  My youngest brother lives in England and the other lives on the East Coast so we haven't all gotten to see each other in a good long while!

On a personal note, readers, I do apologize for not really posting all that much last month.  The way things came together, June was a lot of me being in between stuff I've already done and a mess of new auditions for future projects.  So while I was working pretty steadily there was just nothing to actually show anyone!  Going to try to make up for that by posting a bit more this month. :) 

Thanks for reading (and listening!) and as always, stay tuned for more!

Note: Exoplanetary logo belongs to Christopher Hart and Exoplanetary Media.  Purple Hyacinth art screengrab belongs to the webtoon creators, Ephemerys and Sophism.

No comments:

Post a Comment